1. The matchmaking is horrendous. Every time I enter a lobby it is a game that is going on, and 80% of the time the game is taking place on Hijacked. Then when the game is over, the lobby just ends for some reason and I have to enter another lobby, only to be put into another in progress game. And its always me and some other low prestigers vs a team with 3 or 4 Prestige Masters.
2. The connections system is atrocious. I have good internet. I am always on 3 bars. I can't even use shotguns anymore. This is a total change from when the game first launched and it was totally smooth for me.
3. The maps are bad. We already knew this. But there is no space to move around on the maps. Everything is a giant cluster of trash everywhere. MW2 maps are what I cut my COD teeth on, so I am used to nice spacious maps. And by that I don't mean ginormous a la Fuel, I mean plenty of area to work with a mix of sight lines. Quarry, Favela, Invasion, Highrise, Afghan, Scrapyard, Skidrow, Terminal, and Sub Base all mastered that. And if it sounds like I just listed off almost all the maps of MW2, you're right. Those maps were great. And even Wasteland was a good change of pace. Everything in BO2 is simply tight corners with tons of obstructions and bazillions of windows. Scrapyard had 2 elevated areas on it. Turbine (which uses the same idea of map - a scrapyard) has countless elevated area.
4. The players are sad. There is a reason that Activision warned investors in its Q4 press conference that COD 2013 sales would be less than Black Ops 2. The new type of players alienates the old dog, classic, laid back players like us. The ones who didn't used to endlessly check stats. Now it's all about being the most 1337 person out there.
5. The motive has changed. Anyone remember being greeted with an advertisement to buy the DLC packs before they even came out every single time you log in in COD4 or MW2? Anyone remember them boasting about have 4 content packs for COD4 or MW2?