1. It takes 15 to 40 minutes for the average woman to reach orgasm.
Take Her Off the Clock
Just as you're concerned about lasting longer, many women are so self-conscious about taking too long that they end up faking orgasm or deciding to go without. The solution? Stop obsessing over orgasms—yours and hers. A recent brain-imaging study by Swedish researchers shows that relaxation is the single most important factor in bringing a woman to orgasm.
So tell her she has all night. The better you convey not just tolerance for a lengthy buildup, but also appreciation of her sexual pleasure—orgasm or not—the easier it will be for her to unwind and explode. Oh, and studies show that it takes 15 to 40 minutes for the average woman to reach orgasm. Going somewhere?
2. About 40% of women say they masturbate, in contrast to 2/3 of men.
Men think more about sex.
-The majority of adult men under 60 think about sex at least once a day, reports Laumann. Only about one-quarter of women report this level of frequency. As men and women age, each fantasize less, but men still fantasize about twice as often.
3. When women have an orgasm, their bodies flood with oxytocin, the "bonding hormone," causing them to feel attached to their partner. Men don't have the same release due to their surge in testosterone during sex
-The sex mistakes women most often make:
- Women don’t understand why men don’t like to cuddle.
Ian: After sex, men return to the pre-aroused state, women return to a semi-aroused state. For guys it’s a total system shutdown. We just want to crash, whereas women want to connect, cuddle, converse, even have more sex. Women shouldn’t assume that a guy is insensitive if he’s more inclined to snore than snuggle. He’s probably just shattered. Think of it as a compliment to the sex you just had.
Tracey: I disagree with this. I think men do like to cuddle! They’re just worried their partner might see it as weak and them as vulnerable. I think a lot of the time a man suggests sex, what they’re really after is the physical closeness a cuddle would provide
4. 84% of women report they've had sex simply to "keep the peace" at home.
5. 70% of women would rather eat chocolate than have sex.
-The average lovemaking session lasts around 15 minutes: Consisting of roughly 10 to 12 minutes of foreplay and around 3 to 5 minutes of intercourse.
-If a woman experiences an orgasm during sex, she’s more likely to become pregnant, since orgasmic spasms in pelvic muscles can help move sperm up the vaginal canal to the uterus.